Saturday, December 27, 2008

Now That's Cold!


It was about 25 degrees F when I got up this morning, cold enough to freeze the birdbath water SOLID. Yes, I know, I'm supposed to empty it when it may freeze but I'm just not that forward thinking and it usually doesn't really freeze. It does sometimes get a thin film of ice but this is SOLID.

One of the coziest things about living in a strawbale house is you never really know how cold it is outside until you, a. look at the thermometer or, b. open the door. It was a nice 70 degrees inside and that's without any heat source. We did have the woodstove going last night, along with the oven while I was fixing dinner; I had to open a window. It gets too dang hot!

Hopefully, this will be the end of our bitter winter-about 3 days is all I can take!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment