Sunday, December 14, 2008

Tradition

tradition: the handing down of information, beliefs, and customs by word of mouth or by example from one generation to another without written instruction (from Merriam-Webster)

Do you have holiday traditions in your home? Are they traditions that you created or did they "just happen"?

This tradition is a bit of both, I guess. The last decoration to go on the tree is the tree-top star (a tradition from my family). The star was found at an after-Christmas clearance in the first couple of years of our ma
rriage. From the time the boys were little they have taken turns, year by year, placing the star. This year was no different.
Burritos made by Dad on tree-trimming night is another tradition. I'm not quite sure how that happened but, I'm glad it did.

What holiday traditions does your family have? I'd love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment