Saturday, August 7, 2010

Just a Spool of Thread

I had to go to JoAnn Fabrics yesterday.  No really, I had to.  Remember that dress I'm making-no thread, or at least no thread that coordinates with the fabric.  

Just a quick stop for thread.

But of course I had to walk right by the Red Tag fabric and I refuse to pass that up.  There might be something I really need there.  I looked around, but nothing this time.  

As I was leaving the aisle, something in the outdoor fabric section caught my eye.


"The colors are perfect for the Airstream interior."  "But I just recovered the dinette cushions." (This is me, talking to myself.) "But you hate them, and the fabric will never hold up."  "But, the work."  "Every time you walk in the Airstream you think, 'I hate those cushions'. And what does that little sign say?"  "60% off and I really do love this fabric."  Conversation over.

The lines on the flowers and leaves speak to each other and the fabrics relate without being too matchy-matchy.  (Candice Olson language)
So, another project.

I even remembered to get the thread.

1 comment: