Friday, September 18, 2009

Airstream Dreams

We have a 1987 23 ft Airstream Sovereign.  We've had a couple of years and it was in pretty good shape when we bought it.  It needed some updating and tweaking of the electrical and plumbing but we have been able to use it from the get-go.  

Oh, and Rick replaced the floor-how could I forget a little thing like that.  Sorry, Dear!
 

However, the interior is, well, very 80s mauve and IBTDT, thank you very much.  I've been searching for inspiration fabrics as it seems that once I find that AH-HA fabric the rest just falls into place.


I think I've found it in this shower curtain from Target.


And it's on clearance.  Could I love it any more?  So I ordered 4 and will soon get started on making new curtains for the AS. The fabric is light and airy, so won't close in the space too much and the leaves give it an in-tune-with-nature feel without screaming  CAMPING.  I will post all about the process here.  Betcha can't wait, huh?

In the meantime, some inspiration:


3 comments:

  1. I love old trailers, and Air Streams melt my heart. We used to be tent campers, but after moving to Texas concluded we needed AC. Our only tow vehicle is a Honda Element, which is rated at 1,500 pounds. Everything was too heavy, so we had an 11-footer custom made by a guy who restores old Air Streams. It weighs right about 1,000 pounds and tows easily with the Element. Can't wait to see your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm following your blog now so I can keep up with your camper remodel photos.

    I like the shower curtain with the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have camped in everything from tent to tent-trailer to different varieties of travel trailers. We lived in a 5th wheel for 14 months while building one of our homes and we've lived in small TT for varying amounts on time while working on different projects. So believe me when I say it, there's just something different about an Airstream. (Sort of the same thing with a strawbale house).

    Judy

    ReplyDelete