Tuesday, November 30, 2010

More Cabin

When we bought the 4 log walls, there was a bit of construction "stuff" left lying around that also became ours.  Unused logs, 2x8s, 2x4s, scattered around on the property, what some folks might want to haul off to the landfill.  But. not. me.  To me they were treasure, just waiting for the right use.
Especially interesting were the 2x8s that had clearly been laying out for quite a while and had seen a bit of weather.  They were beautiful and I wish I had a picture of them in all their cast-off, silvery-gray glory.   I also wish I had a picture of my husband's face when I told him I wanted to use them for the interior window framing.  He looked like he's been hit by a 2x4!

These old photos don't do them justice but they were beautiful.


Bedroom before it was all purty'd up.
The final productThe nightstand was a freebee as I recall.  It was dark wood which I painted yellow (probably the first thing I ever painted yellow), dark glazed and sanded back. Looking at it now, I still like it.  Yes, those are IKEA shades, which I believe are no longer available.  And the ubiquitous wood lamps which I love and have bought several over the years because they can be painted to fit with any look.



No comments:

Post a Comment