Monday, February 23, 2009

Straw, Earth, Mud, Plaster, Birth


It's so interesting to me that many of the same people who think government should stay out of their lives believe government should have a bigger role in the lives of others (The Lives of Others, a very good movie, by the way). Like say, legislating where we can give birth and who can attend that birth. And, they don't even choose the side with the best outcomes. Very odd, don't you think?

This is not to be a political rant but we are in danger of losing a very basic right and it makes me happy when I see things like this: Marshall University Nurse Midwifery Emphasis added to MSN Program. I come from that neck of the woods and this is a boon to the area. Hopefully many will stay and serve the population.

3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I'd like to add your house to the natural homes map at http://naturalhomes.org/homesmap.htm

    Would that be OK?

    You can write to me at house@naturalhomes.org

    Regards, Oliver

    ReplyDelete
  2. so that window purposely resembles the exit of the birth canal? I did wonder...

    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, Olga, it wasn't done consciously! It just was and I was oblivious for a time. After a few months I took a picture and sent it to a friend and asked: What does this look like to you? She agreed.

    Weird!

    ReplyDelete