Tuesday, December 14, 2010

It happened at Goodwill

I fell in love...again...with another chair.  (I don't usually name furniture but I'm calling this guy Don Draper.  I have this whole Mad Men/mid-century thing going on.  Seems appropriate.) After first seeing it, I knew I was a goner but kept telling myself that we definitely didn't need one more piece of furniture.  I kept sneaking back to see it, sit in it, measure it.  Every time I pulled up to the GW, my heart would race.  Would it still be there?  Had someone taken my heartthrob? One day I walked in and it had been moved-ACK!  But I found it and sat in it again, and measured it again and looked at it from all different angles...and walked away, again.

Then on Sunday, I got finished with work early and told myself I'd stop by just one more time, and if Don was still there, he was MINE!  And he was and best of all, he was half-price!



I may not do anything to this guy except a good cleaning.

And the media cabinet that this is perched on, I'll tell you more about that later.

2 comments:

  1. Very handsome chair. Very.

    Very caught up in the holiday spirit, first time in a long time.

    Making the rounds to wish you a beautiful Holiday season full of grace and love.

    ¡Feliz Navidad y Prospero Año!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that chair. I wish I had your talent.

    ReplyDelete